Blake Laurence is a Partner in the firm's Tax and Estate Planning Department. He is experienced in all aspects of estate planning, administration, litigation, taxation, IRS tax issues, corporate transactions and landlord-tenant work. His estate planning services include lifetime and end-of-life planning and related document preparation such as Wills, Trusts, Powers of Attorney, and Advance Directives, as well as lifetime giving, charitable planning, and business succession matters. Blake represents families with complex estate and trust administration issues and also represents individuals who serve as Executor, Trustee, and Guardian.
Blake assists nonprofit organizations, for-profit corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships and their principals with matters such as entity formation, preparation of governing documents, authorizing resolutions, mergers and dissolutions. In addition, he prepares and reviews contracts for a variety of matters, including confidentiality agreements, asset or stock purchase agreements and various other related transactions.
Blake provides advice and services to individuals seeking to plan their estates while minimizing tax consequences. He aids executors and administrators in administering the estates of decedents. He also assists clients in dealing with various IRS tax issues. Additionally, Blake represents landlords in matters where tenants fail to pay rent.
Blake is a graduate of Widener University School of Law where he received his Juris Doctorate and holds a Master of Laws degree in Taxation from Villanova University School of Law. He obtained his undergraduate degree in Finance from American University. Prior to joining Davison, Eastman & Muñoz, he was a law clerk for the Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania where he conducted legal research, prepared stipulations and exhibits for trial, drafted memoranda and briefs relating to violations of the Pennsylvania Rules of Professional Conduct.
- New Jersey
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Court – District of New Jersey
- United States District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Monmouth Bar Association
- July 11, 2017 - Members from the firm’s Tax & Estate Planning Department provided helpful advice on “Simple Strategies to Simplify Your Estate,” a blog by Kurt Rossi, President, Independent Wealth Management, located in Wall, NJ. The column also appeared in NJ.com, The Times of Trenton. Read what partners Blake Laurence, Christina Hardman O'Neal and Dan Olszak, Jr. have to offer about getting organized, consolidating and updating beneficiaries in Kurt Rossi's informative column.
- November 10, 2016 - Blake Laurence will be speaking to the Investment Club at Greenbriar Stonebridge, an adult retirement community in in Monroe, NJ. He will be addressing the new tax laws and estate planning concerns.
- August 1, 2016 - Davison, Eastman & Muñoz, P.A. have announced that effective August 1, 2016, Matthew K. Blaine and Blake R. Laurence have been named partner. “We’re proud of both Matt and Blake for their dedicated service to our clients and to the firm over the past several years. They have worked hard for these promotions,” said James A. Paone II, the firm’s managing partner. To read the full announcement, click here.
- October 14, 2015 - Steve Carton, Of Counsel in the firm’s Family Law Department, as well as a Chair of the Monmouth Bar Professionalism Committee, has again organized the Bar’s Annual Professionalism Seminar at the Monmouth County Courthouse. Among the speakers, DEM’s Employment Law Associate Christopher Leddy will cover “Professionalism and Ethics Issues Relating to Employment Law” and Senior Tax Associate Blake Laurence will speak on “Estate Practice and Litigation Ethics Issues”. CLE Ethics Credits (2) will be offered to attendees.
10 Tax Items That Often Get Overlooked Blake R. Laurence, a partner in the firm’s Tax and Estate Planning department, uncovers some tax deductions you might not have considered before. The tax code is filled with various nuances that allow a taxpayer certain deductions. However, they are not well publicized and many people miss those deductions...Read more
After much discussion and political deal-making, on October 14, 2016, Governor Chris Christie officially signed legislation implementing a new tax package to raise money for the Transportation Trust Fund to help repair New Jersey’s roads, bridges and various other infrastructure. Although the increase in gas tax is what caught the attention of most people, this was...Read more