Christina Hardman O’Neal is a partner in Tax and Estate Planning Department. She is experienced in estate and trust planning, administration, Probate and Chancery litigation and taxation as well as guardianships, zoning and land use, business organizations.
She earned her Bachelor of Arts Degree from the College of New Jersey in 1993 and her Juris Doctor from Rutgers School of Law in 1998, where she also received the Jennifer Smalldone Award for Outstanding work in the Field of Disability Law. She served as the Managing Articles Editor for the Rutgers Race and Law Review and served for two (2) years in Rutgers Special Education Clinic in Newark providing special education legal services to indigent families with special needs children. In addition, Ms. Hardman-O'Neal served as law clerk to the Honorable Donald S. Goldman, Ret. J.S.C. and Glenn A. Grant, J.A.D. Acting Administrative Director of the New Jersey Courts in the Superior Court of New Jersey, Family and Criminal Divisions, Essex County and as an intern in the federal courts for the Honorable William H. Walls, United States District Judge for the District of New Jersey.
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States District Court – District of New Jersey
- Monmouth Bar Association (former Trustee; member Elder Law Committee; Chair Probate Committee; Chair of the Young Lawyers’ Division)
- New Jersey State Bar Association (former Trustee; member Real Property and Probate Section; member Elder Law Section; former Chair of the Young Lawyers Division; and member and former Chair of the Women in the Profession Section; member of Diversity Committee, former member of the Nominating Committee, member of the Meetings and Programs Committee)
- Ocean County Bar Association (member Probate and Elder Law Committees)
- Central Jersey Estate Planning Council
- National Academy of Elder Lawyers
- Trustee, Seraphs Fund
- President, Red Bank Women’s Club (Treasurer, 2002-2004)
- Red Bank Networking Group
- Jersey Shore Jazz & Blues Foundation
- Community YMCA Child Achievement Centers, Former Board Member
- Appointed to the Supreme Court Committee on E-Filing
- July 11, 2017 - Members from the firm’s Tax & Estate Planning Department provided helpful advice on “Simple Strategies to Simplify Your Estate,” a blog by Kurt Rossi, President, Independent Wealth Management, located in Wall, NJ. The column also appeared in NJ.com, The Times of Trenton. Read what partners Blake Laurence, Christina Hardman O'Neal and Dan Olszak, Jr. have to offer about getting organized, consolidating and updating beneficiaries in Kurt Rossi's informative column.
- April 26, 2017 - The Woman’s Club of Red Bank will be hosting an “Elder Care Health Panel” on Wednesday, April 26th from 6:00 to 8:30 pm. DEMLP Tax and Estate Planning Partner Christina Hardman O’Neal, who also serves as the President of the Woman’s Club, will be among the panel of experienced elder care professionals. This is a great opportunity to network and ask professionals about legal issues, care-giving, senior living options, Medicaid and long-term care planning. The event is free and light refreshments will be served. The program will take place at the Woman’s Club, located at 164 Broad St. in Red Bank.
- December 3, 2016 - Members from our Tax and Estate Planning Department will be exhibiting at the annual NAMI-NJ Conference on Saturday, December 3rd. NAMI New Jersey (NAMI NJ) is a statewide non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of individuals and families affected by mental illness. The conference offers a day of insightful presentations, workshops and opportunities for networking among those with live experience of mental illness, their family members and caregivers, mental health advocates and providers.
- May 16, 2016 - Christina Hardman O’Neal will be speaking at the Robert Wood Johnson Fitness and Wellness Center as part of its COPSA/RWJ 2016 Family Caregiver Education Series. Her topic will be “Elder Law Update 2016 - Planning Your Older Loved One’s Long-Term Care”. The free program will run from 12 – 1:00 pm at the New Brunswick center. The series is designed for family caregivers of chronically-ill older adults.
- October 13, 2015 – Christina Hardman O’Neal will be speaking at the National Business Institute Seminar, “The Probate Process from Start to Finish – Key Rules, Procedures and Forms for Effective Probate Administration”. The program will be held at the TR Hotel, 290 New Jersey Route 37, in Toms River, NJ. The seminar runs from 8:30 am to 4:40 pm, CLE credits offered.
- September 15, 2015 - Christina Hardman O’Neal will be speaking on estate planning and elder law matters at St. Roberts Church in Freehold, NJ; the program is co-sponsored with Glen Eagle Advisors.
Best High School Graduation Gifts? A “Safety Net” in the Form of a Power of Attorney and a Health Care Directive
Congratulations! You have successfully navigated childhood and are now ready to send your 18 year-old into the world. It is an exciting time but are you ready? You are probably busy with proms, graduation parties and shopping for the new dorm room. However, when you look at your checklist of things to do, are you missing...Read more