Since 2011, Chris has been certified as a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the American Bar Association approved National Elder Law Foundation. Chris's experience as a Certified Elder Law Attorney involves asset protection planning, emergency care planning, and assisting clients with placement in independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing facilities. He advises clients regarding their options for financing long-term care and represents clients with Medicaid applications and Fair Hearings. Chris often lectures at retirement communities and assisted living facilities throughout Monmouth and Ocean Counties.
He received his undergraduate degree from the University of Richmond and his J.D. from Rutgers University School of Law in Camden. Immediately after graduating from law school, Chris served as law clerk to the Honorable Edward M. Oles, J.S.C., Superior Court of New Jersey, Ocean County.
Chris joined Davison, Eastman, Muñoz, Lederman & Paone after practicing for fifteen years at Olszak & Olszak in Ocean County.
- New Jersey
- Monmouth Bar Association
- National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys
- New Jersey Bar Association’s Elder Law Section
- Ocean County Bar Association (former Co-Chair of the Ocean County Elder Law Committee)
- Certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the ABA approved National Elder Law Foundation, 2011 and 2016
- April 19, 2017 - Christopher D. Olszak, a partner in the firm's Tax and Estate Planning Department, will be speaking on Estate and Medicaid Planning at CareOne Jackson. CareOne is located at 11 History Lane in Jackson, NJ. Please RSVP by calling 732 367 6600.
- April 4, 2017 - Christopher D. Olszak, a partner in the firm's Tax and Estate Planning Department, will be among the speakers at an “Alzheimer’s Awareness Workshop,” sponsored by the Lacey United Methodist Church. Chris is certified as an Elder Law Attorney by the American Bar Association approved National Elder Law Foundation. The free program will take place on Tuesday, April 4 at LUMC located at 203 Lacey Road in Forked River. Doors open at 6:00 pm. An open discussion will examine recognizing the signs of the disease, treatment and support, end of life care and the legal and financial concerns of those affected. For more information on the program, please call 609-693-5222.
- February 14, 2017 - The firm recently announced that it has brought on three new lawyers, including two partners and one of counsel, as part of its ongoing strategy to further expand its capabilities to better serve clients throughout New Jersey and the Tri-State area. The new partners are Brian J. Chabarek, a labor and employment attorney who spent the majority of his career at Hoaglund, Longo, Moran, Dunst & Doukas, and Christopher D. Olszak, a tax and estate planning lawyer and Certified Elder Law attorney. Olszak previously ran a boutique estate planning firm with his father, Daniel D. Olszak, Jr., who also joins DEMLP as of counsel. Chabarek came on board February 1 and the Olszaks joined in January. To view the full release, click here.
The firm is pleased to welcome Christopher D. Olszak as partner in the firm’s Tax and Estate Planning Department. Chris’ practice will focus on elder law matters, estate planning and administration, probate litigation, fiduciary accounting, and guardianships. Chris has been certified as a Certified Elder Law Attorney by the American Bar Association approved National Elder Law Foundation. ...Read more